10 Things I’m Looking Forward to in 2013 by Teri Harman, @TeriHarman, #2013
Take a deep breath – can you smell it? Inhale, exhale. That’s the New-Year smell and it smells like big things.
Here are the top 10 things I’m excited about in 2013.
10. MORE DANCING! I am slightly obsessed with the Wii Just Dance 4. We received a Wii for Christmas, along with this game. Not only is it too much fun, but a great workout. So this year I’m excited for lots of dancing – at least in the privacy of my living room where only my kids can see me make a fool of myself.
9. NOT BUYING ANOTHER BOOK. Yes, you read that right. I have committed to not buying another book until I get through the stack of 20+ books I have ALREADY bought and not read yet. Okay, maybe at least half way through the pile. Or just five down? Or…I have a serious addiction.
8. PLAYING WITH MY KIDS MORE. Sometimes I take myself too seriously and get bogged down in the work of writing and keeping the house clean. I think I can do better and put in a little more time each day to sit on the floor to play a game or enjoy more snuggle-reading time.
7. KIDS GETTING OLDER. I’m excited for my oldest to finish 1st grade and start 2nd, my middle to start kindergarten (two down, one to go!) and my youngest to start dance class – something she cannot wait to do.
6. MORE GREAT TV AND MOVIES.
I look forward to more Walking Dead, more Vampire Diaries and new seasons of Downton Abbey, Hell on Wheels and Sherlock.
And as a Trekkie and Benedict Cumberbatch fan, I eagerly await the new Star Trek Into Darkness
movie. Also, because Henry Cavil looks like Emmett in my book A PAINTED LIFE
, I’m excited to see the new Superman
movie. I think he’s gonna nail it!
5. 10 YEARS OF MARITAL BLISS. In June, just a few days before my book is released, my husband and I will celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. Man, has it flown by and he’s the best hubby. I couldn’t have asked for someone more perfect.
4. READING GOOD BOOKS! There are many books I’m looking forward to this year. Three new BabyLit board books (Moby Dick, Sense &Sensibility and Wuthering Heights), Seize and Storm (Grisha #2) by Leigh Bardugo, Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys, Lynburn Legacy #2 by Sara Rees Brennan, all the coming titles from my publisher Jolly Fish Press, Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen and many more.
2. BLOOD MOON
Yes, my book release takes up three spots on this list, because, well…obviously! BLOOD MOON hits shelves on June 22, 2013.
I have been waiting for this day, well…my whole life
I can’t wait to do the things I’ve always dreamed of – launch parties, book signings, walking into book stores, seeing my book sitting there and writing more books. This is the start of the career I’ve always wanted.
My first book! The first of many.
HERE’S TO A FABULOUS YEAR!!!
What are you looking forward to in 2013?