It’s really hard to chose only ten classic children’s books – there are so many wonderful books for kids. But since I had to narrow it down, here are ten of my and my kids’ favorites that are also tried and true best sellers for decades.
Studio 5 also made an adorable printable gift tag to use when giving these books as gifts. To download visit STUDIO5. KSL.COM.
1. The Sneetches and Other Stories by Dr. Seuss
Every family library should include several Dr. Seuss books. Make sure you include his fabulous picture books as well as some I Can Read beginner books, such as Green Eggs and Ham, which are great for early readers.
2. Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
Loaded with imagination. A great pick for little boys.
3. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
Shel Silvertein’s funny, quirky poems are a staple of every childhood.
4. The Pigeon Wants a Puppy by Mo Willems
Funny, engaging, and some of the best books for kids.
5. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown and Clement Hurd
The most favorite bedtime story of all time.
6. Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina
Great repetitive text and trouble with monkeys.
7. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Everyone loves the hungry caterpillar who eats his way through the week.
8. Curious George and the Library by Margret and H.A. Rey
What childhood would be complete without the mischief of George.
9. Stephanie’s Ponytail by Robert Munsch and Michael Martchenko
Robert Munsch’s books are always a riot.
10. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst and Ray Cruz
Everybody has a bad day. Kids love to see just how bad Alexander’s gets.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDREN’S BOOKS?